Crossroads Global Village (US) Limited (“Company”, “us” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.cgvus.org/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any other interactions between you and us, including offline interactions.
It does not apply to information collected:
- By any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website; or
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- your name, address, email, phone and fax numbers;
- your gender and date of birth;
- financial information such as credit card information (if you make a payment to us), bank account details (if we are making payment to you by direct debit) and financial status (if you have applied to receive certain items or assistance from us);
- health information (only in very specific circumstances, for example, if it is relevant to your participation in a volunteer service or an X-perience or if you have made a specific request for items or assistance related to your medical condition);
- identity verification documentation;
- responses to surveys or feedback provided;
- website usage and publication take-up;
- purchasing and donation history;
- causes you are sympathetic towards;
- X-periences you have participated in;
- photographs of you participating, engaging, associating, supporting or benefiting from/in our activities; and
- other information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information in various ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including online, on paper or in person.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including news, updates and invitations on our activities, programs, products, research and upcoming events.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To respond to your enquiries or suggestions.
- To process feedback, response to surveys etc. and to follow up with you on your experiences
- To improve our services, activities, products and content and for statistical and other analysis to help us improve our effectiveness
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who we direct to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Crossroads Global Village (US) Limited, our customers or others.
You do not have to accept cookies but without accepting them you may experience reduced site functionality. If you wish to reject the cookies then please read the instruction provided with your browser software should you so wish to do so.
The term “direct marketing” will include, for instance, Crossroads Global Village (US) Limited sending its’ eNews to your email address. Our effectiveness as a non-profit organisation relies heavily on our ability to communicate, engage and educate our beneficiaries, sponsors and the community, at both a local and global level. We intend to use your personal data (generally your name, telephone number, email and post address) to contact you regarding activities, news, products and ways in which you can be involved with and support the work of the Crossroads Network.
In all cases, you can opt-out of these communications at any time (with no charge) by either clicking the “opt-out” link on the relevant communication (as applicable) or by emailing email@example.com.
We will never sell your personal data to another person or organisation for their use or gain.
We may transfer your personal data (such as your name, email address, causes you are sympathetic towards, etc.) within the Crossroads Network (as defined above) so that they can share relevant information with you regarding the work they are doing in their jurisdiction. Again, this may require your consent in some cases and will never be sold. They will provide a channel from which you can opt-out of future communications.
As noted above, we engage third party providers to provide certain administrative and technology services. In some cases, an agent such as these will send the marketing materials on our behalf.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Crossroads Global Village (US) Limited, 1732 1st Ave #26703, New York City, NY 10128.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Retention of Personal Data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data provided to us (or to our data processors/service providers) is not kept for longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used. We take reasonable measures to erase personal data that is no longer required.